Work With GEO
GEO is always accepting resumes. Please send your resume or curriculum vitae in pdf or Microsoft Word format to: GEO@geoconsultantscorp.com
Resumes will be kept on file for at least six months. GEO will contact you if your qualifications meet the requirements of any open positions.
About GEO Consultants Corporation
GEO Consultants Corporation (GEO) is a proven and dependable small business prime contractor. Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Kevil, Kentucky, GEO is a full service environmental, engineering and facilities planning services firm whose clients include federal and state government agencies, municipalities, commercial enterprises, and large business architecture and engineering companies.
GEO exists to provide best-in-class professional services to its clients. Our culture and employee-ownership play a major role in supporting that outcome bringing the commitment of an owner to our projects. Committed to job satisfaction, professional growth and advancement, GEO maintains a culture of teamwork, based on recognizing and combining each employee’s area of expertise. GEO offers a competitive benefits package and location flexibility, depending on the candidate.
GEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Job Openings
Project Engineer Civil
League City, Texas
GEO is looking for a Project Civil Engineer with preferred experience in Geotechnical Engineering position to support Environmental, Civil Works and Military Projects. This role will report directly to the Civil Engineer Section Manager and will support GEO nationally with a focus on local Texas office.
Under the guidance of a Civil Section Manager, the Civil Engineer will prepare plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates a variety of project tasks. Assist in the preparation and review of project plans, data, studies, reports, and specifications. Performs work which involves conventional civil engineering practices but may involve a variety of complex discipline specific features, field work, and working with other architect and engineering disciplines. Requires general familiarity with basic principles and practices in related specialty discipline; knowledge and experience in horizontal site design, grading and drainage plans, and applicable design codes and standards.
What you will do:
- Prepare and oversee detailed civil engineering design that includes civil/site, roadway, drainage, stormwater management, utility design and coordination.
- Prepare engineering markups for ACAD/Graphics team to develop project design drawings, to include site plans, grading & drainage plans, plan & profiles, utility plans, drainage basins, water/sewer networks, cross-sections, and applicable details.
- Generate professional plans, specifications, technical calculations, exhibits, and reports.
- Perform material quantity take-offs and produce engineer’s construction cost estimates.
- Coordination with several design disciplines as needed to complete project deliverables including in-house Environmental and Geology Professionals.
- Coordination with outside consultants on the project team such as Surveyors, A-E Consultants, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Environmental Consultants, and others.
- Collaborate with employees, satellite offices, customers, joint venture partners, and teaming partners. Interact directly with Engineers, Safety, Human Resources, and Quality team members.
- Other duties as assigned based upon additional project needs.
Position Requirements and Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited University with minimum 5 years experience in field of discipline, or
- Bachelors of Art in Engineering Technology from an ABET Accredited University with a minimum of 10 years experience in field of discipline.
- Professional development training and certifications to support GEO, customer, and industry requirements.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration preferred; ability to obtain PE required.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with: Slope stability analysis, Foundation bearing capacity analysis, Rock Mechanics, Shoring design, Bulkhead design, In-Situ Soil Stabilization, Civil design and earthwork.
- Ideal candidate will have experience geotechnical software such as Ensoft Suite (Group, LPile, PYWall, Shaft, TZPile, APile).
- Breadth and Depth of knowledge and experience with civil surveying and engineering, applicable design standards, codes, and regulations.
- This position encompasses both office work (technical design, task management, data analysis, report preparation, etc.) as well as field work (estimated to be up to 25%).
- Utilize the following computer programs, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project, Adobe Acrobat, and other discipline specific or project related programs as required to support project deliverables.
- Meet GEO and site-specific fit for duty physical requirements, as well as obtain any additional medical clearances (i.e. DOT, HAZWOPER) as required to support GEO projects.
- Must have ability to obtain security clearances, as required.
Benefits of Joining GEO: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, ESOP, collaborative work environment and teamwork culture.
Apply for this job here.